Sunday, August 30, 2009

Strike up the Band--Beginning the 2009/10 School Year!

Here it is—the 2009/2010 school year has officially started! First of all, I want to thank everybody for coming here to check out the GLW and NF music blog that I will be posting on throughout the year. Be sure to stop back often—I hope to post different videos, links, pictures, etc. within this blog and my website so that you can see all the wonderful activities we’ve been doing in the classroom.

This year, we will be starting off with some really fun name games. Though some faces may be familiar, it is always a great way to begin the year. As we play these games, I love how I get to see all the different personalities, as well as learn everybody’s name. Don’t be surprised if you are asked to play them at home! Though you know each other’s names, they are still tons of fun and have some very catchy dance moves and rhymes.

As each grade begins their new units, I will keep this updated with links. Students and parents can then discover all sorts of new things to bring to the classroom! Keep your eyes open for a post a week. I will usually post on Friday afternoons as the week comes to a close, however, I will post during the week if I find exceptional information for you to explore. Be sure to stop back often!

Let’s have a great first week—I look forward to meeting you all, and having a wonderful year!

1 comment: